“Glamping,” short for glamorous camping, has become a mainstay of outdoor recreation over the past decade. If your essentials list contains things such as a real mattress, running water, or an actual toilet, you can still find numerous options that bridge the gap between traditional camping and the comforts of home. Here are just a few examples of such opportunities:
- Camping Cabins: These offer a roof over your head, four walls, and a bed to sleep in. No need to worry about packing a tent or an air mattress.
- Deluxe Cabins: Deluxe Cabins offer the same convenience as a Camping Cabin, and also include a private bathroom. Some also include additional features such as kitchenettes, bed linens, and more. Check specific campgrounds for Deluxe Cabins with KOA Patios®.
- Tree Houses: No matter what age you are, there is something inherently appealing about treehouses. And while you may have had one in your youth, modern treehouses are a stunning way to have a unique experience outdoors. Fully enclosed, with all the familiar amenities, you can’t beat the view through upscale camping in a treehouse.
- Safari Tents: You’ve no doubt seen these in movies, perched in some exotic location and offering a comfortable existence to adventurers away from home. Why not try renting one for yourself? With many featuring furniture, electricity, fully functioning kitchens, and storage, safari tents are a perfect marriage between comfort and adventure.
- Yurts: These circular variations of tents, popular throughout Asia, feature rigid walls and are fully enclosed. You can find some yurts with electricity, running water, real beds and more.